Welcome to Nutrilives Herbal Supplement section where you can find all of your herbs and herbal remedies!
What Are Herbal Supplements?Herbal supplements are a form of dietary supplement that may be used in conjunction with a healthy diet to aid in good health and well-being. Herbs and Herbal medicines have been used for thousands of years to aid in the treatment of certain illnesses or conditions. It has been studied and shown that certain herbal ingredients with proper medical guidance* can be to treat many conditions such as allergies, asthma, chronic fatigue, rheumatoid arthritis, migraine, fibromyalgia, menopausal symptoms and many others. Since medicinal herbs or herbal supplements may potentially interact with any prescribed medications that may worsen the condition, please be sure to consult your doctor or pharmacist when before taking herbal supplements. Get the benefits from our natural herbal supplement selection while reducing the severe side effects of prescriptions.
Some Commonly Used Herbs and Their Purposes
- Gingko - Used to treat circulatory disorders and to enhance and retain memory. Shows promise to be used to treat and fight dementia and Alzheimer's.
- Kava - Used to elevate mood and enhance relaxation and some studies have shown it to be used to help treat anxiety, insomnia and related nervous disorders. However, it is currently banned in the US or on brink of being banned.
- Saw Palmetto - Best known for treating prostate disorders/cancers. It is also used for colds and coughs, sore throats, chronic bronchitis, and migraines.
- Valerian - Most commonly used for sleep disorders and insomnia. Some studies have shown to produce sedative effects and may be used when coming off sleeping pills for an easier transition. Also used for conditions related to anxiety and psychological disorders.
- Echinacea - Most often used to help prevent or treat the common cold. Other uses with not a lot of strong evidence include anxiety, exercise performance, gingivitis, influenza, and herpes virus.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat or cure disease or cancer.