Healthy Body, Healthy Life
What is Weight Management and a Healthy Body Weight?
Our goal at Nutrilives.com is to provide you, our valued customer, with the proper nutrition and steps to get you to a healthy body weight. Weight management is the process of reducing unessential body fat by the means of diet and exercise and adding muscle in its place! Plus, muscle is very good at burning even more calories which will lead to further fat loss. Before I list off the bad aspects of body fat, let us clarify that not all fat in general is bad. Our body needs a certain amount of body fat to properly perform and function. Fatty acids are essential to cellular structures that keep our bodies running smoothly and efficiently. There are many ways to measure body fat percentages and body mass index, but I want to point out that body weight is usually not a good indicator of a healthy weight. Muscle side by side to fat is denser and hence weighs more, therefore simply using the BMI equation with a person's weight and height is not a good indicator of a healthy body weight. We want to be within a healthy range of body fat percentages and we want to eliminate as much unnecessary body fat as possible. According to the American Council on exercise, body fat levels should be:
- Men -- 14 to 17% total body weight
- Women -- 21 to 24% total body weight
The Negative Aspects of Body Fat
A common misconception is that fats within foods such as saturated fats and unsaturated fats are the culprits for obesity. That is not completely true and in some cases, may not be true at all! While there is still much research to be done on how our bodies process, use, and store foods, there is still plenty of studies showing that obesity results from other means.
Causes for Obesity
- Overeating! Too many calories no matter the source of foods is the leading culprit of obesity. Our bodies can only burn and process so many calories per day and if our energy intake (food) is greater than our energy expenditure (burning calories), then most excess nutrients will be converted to fat which takes the longest to burn off.
- Not Enough Exercise! Most Americans fall short of the recommended exercise guidelines of 30 - 60 minutes of moderate to intense exercise at least 3 days a week. Diet alone is not enough for most people to manage their weight or lose unwanted weight.
- Eating the Wrong Foods! There is a reason the U.S. is one of the most obese countries in the world. We don't get the proper nutrition and frankly some people simply cannot. Where do you go for something tasty, fast, and cheap? If any fast food restaurant comes to mind, then you were on the right track. Fast Foods contain additives, preservatives, grease, saturated fats, and lack most essential vitamins and minerals.
How Nutrilives Can Help!
Nutrilives provides the foods to help you achieve your healthy body weight in an all-natural form. We Offer....
- All Natural Foods rich in vitamins and nutrients
- USDA Organic Foods
- Non-stimulant appetite suppressors
- Thermogenic Fat Burners (Stimulant)
Also, Check Out Our Protein and Fitness Section to Further Supplement Your Weight Loss Goals!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat or cure disease or cancer.